AgFarm Starts Pre-Booking Of Powerful Broad-Spectrum Herbicide Alloy (Glufosinate-ammonium) On nurture.retail App
AgFarm will soon launch Alloy, Glufosinate Ammonium 13.5% w/w SL (15% w/v), on the nurture.retail app. The pre-booking of Alloy has already started in Andhra Pradesh.
Weeds weaken the crops and reduce the quality and quantity of the crop yield by competing for soil nutrients, moisture, sunlight, carbon dioxide, and space with them. Moreover, most of the weeds are herbicide-resistant and are host to many disease-causing insects as well. To address this problem AgFarm, an agro-inputs startup that seeks to reform the agrochemical industry via digital transformation, will soon launch the most effective broad-spectrum herbicide Alloy (Glufosinate Ammonium) on the nurture.retail app. The pre-booking of Alloy whose chemical composition is Glufosinate Ammonium 13.5% w/w SL (15% w/v), has already started in Andhra Pradesh
What Is Alloy
Alloy or Glufosinate-ammonium is highly trusted by farmers worldwide because it singlehandedly controls a broad range of annual and perennial broadleaf weeds and grasses in various crops like soybeans, corn, canola, and cotton due to which the farmers don’t need to spend their hard-earned money on several herbicides to control various weeds on a given crop. The fact that it can control even the most stubborn and Glyphosate-resistant weeds such as Amaranthus, Lolium, Conyza, and Malva makes it a favorite of the farmers worldwide.
Salient Features Of Alloy:
- Since Alloy or Glufosinate-ammonium is a contact herbicide its active substance only affects the part of the plant where it is applied or which comes in its contact. It is highly beneficial for crops such as vines, tree nuts, stone fruit, or olives because it selectively controls the weeds and the new branches emerging from the roots of the sucking tree without causing any harm to the parent tree.
- Being a Glufosinate-ammonium herbicide Alloy quickly gets degraded in soil removing any chances of entering into groundwater supplies.
- Glufosinate-ammonium protects the plant by inhibiting glutamine synthetase enzyme in weeds. This enzyme is required to convert glutamate and ammonia to glutamine. Its inhibition results in a massive accumulation of ammonia in a plant thereby inhibiting the much-required energy production by destroying cells and stopping photosystem I and photosystem II reactions.
- As a broad-spectrum herbicide Alloy is absorbed by the plants through their green parts like leaves and branches. This unique feature reduces the scope of developing resistance to other herbicides and makes it perfect for the Integrated Weed Management (IWM) program.
- Weeds are mostly stubborn and they tend to develop resistance to herbicides easily. When we use the same herbicide again and again due to reasons such as over-reliance or limited availability weeds that are naturally resistant will survive and grow. Moreover, the next generations will develop greater resistance to the herbicide and will cause huge damage to the crop. On the other hand, Glufosinate-ammonium has a unique mode of action which makes it an effective alternative to the commonly-used herbicides such as Glyphosate.
In order to reduce crop damage and enjoy higher yields, farmers need effective herbicides and crop solutions with diverse modes of action to manage stubborn weeds. Integrated Weed Management (IWM) programs optimize crop rotation and crop protection products. Unlike the regular herbicides, Alloy or Glufosinate-ammonium is a broad-spectrum herbicide which makes it an ideal tool for such programs. Ideal for rotation, Alloy not only controls herbicide-resistant weeds but also helps in reducing the chances of development of such resistance.